- Put on gloves.
- Shake the can thoroughly to activate the foam before each squirt.
- To dispense foam, hold the can at a 45-degree angle with nozzle pointing into palm of one hand. Press the button. Dispense a golf ball size dollop of foam.
- Massage foam into your hair using your hands or the comb provided.
- Apply as many golf ball size dollops of foam as you need to cover your hair thoroughly. Thick layers of foam are needed for the foam to work properly.
- Be sure to remove any foam from exposed skin or hands immediately to prevent staining.
CAUTION: do not use dye on eyebrows, eyelashes, or pubic areas.
Wait For It
- Start timing after you have completed applying the foam:
- First-timers should allow the dye foam to stay on the hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Experienced dyers who want more coverage may need to leave dye on hair for 15-20 minutes.
- The white foam will turn dark during the process. Don’t freak out. This means the product is working properly. It won’t look so dark after you rinse it off.
- Rinse dye out thoroughly with water only. Continue to rinse until the water runs clear.
- Use the Dye Removal Wipes to remove any visible stains on skin.
CAUTION: Do not get any dye in your eyes.
- Each can of True Sons can be used for multiple applications and will last about a month, depending on how frequently you dye. Most guys use True Sons hair dye foam weekly to maintain consistent, natural-looking color.
- Want more gray coverage? You can dye again the same day.